Monday, January 25, 2010

My chicken chase

If you passed by and saw me running around like a chicken with its head cut off this morning, it's because I practically was. I was chasing THE chicken...that came back...with my camera. Please forgive me for looking so crazy, I'm really not (yet). You probably saw me leave my car running halfway in my driveway, halfway in the street, door open, camera in hand and ready to go. I'm sure you saw me dash through my neighbor's yard, pause for a minute and then take off running again. You might have also seen me sneak up to the house two doors down, tiptoe up to the front door and very quietly stoop beneath the bushes. Next, I'm sure you saw me take off full speed, camera in the air trying to snap a picture before the poor, scared chicken finally flew off. SIGH. I'm going to get a picture of that sucker if it's the last thing I do. So please be patient with me.

P.S. We do not live in the country. In fact we live in the middle of the city on a busy street, which makes this whole thing so bizarre!

2 comments:

Holli said...

THAT will wake you up in the morning! :)

Jeni said...

How very exciting.... I meant to tell you how funny I thought your chicken chase was!!! I can imagine you running around looking for it! I love it. You described your craze well! I'd be the same ;)!