Thursday, January 7, 2010

A wig gig


Several years ago, a dear friend came down with breast cancer very unexpectedly. She and I are the same age and knew each other in school, and now we belong to some of the same groups. When she began to lose her hair, a group of us decided to throw a luncheon to show our support for her. We all met at the Black-Eyed Pea restaurant wearing wigs, surprising our friend tremendously. She had planned on going wig shopping after our lunch, but unfortunately, I think we convinced her to keep her scarf. Thankfully she is healthy today and doing very well. So my question to you is, can you guess which one is me? Please leave a comment with your choice.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

That is such a sweet and thoughtful thing you all did fir your friend & mote wonderful that she is better ;)! You look so pretty as an aubern beauty sitting on the left there...

Jess said...

Cute little redhead on the left... or maybe it's auburn. Sweet post, Laurie, and your friend looks beautiful in her scarf. Thank the Lord she's well now.

So how are you doing? Sold any more stories?

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jess. You and Jeni are correct. Believe it or not, that wig dates back to the 70's when my mom was into wigs. Everyone said I looked like June Cleaver! We had fun that day, and yes- thank the good Lord my friend is doing well now.

I'm still working on stories and books, along with freelance writing for examiner.com. How about you?