The other night I was saying my nightly prayers when I asked God to tell Mary I missed her. The next morning after my run, I walked into the house and from my back window I could see three beautiful cardinals right in front of me. Then I heard a beep from my phone indicating I had a text message. I checked my message, and can you believe it was from Jeni, Mary's sister and my good friend! She just wanted to check on me and see how I was doing because we hadn't spoken in awhile. I think God was telling me Mary is okay.
Our time here on earth is so short. I want to enjoy each day like it's the last, love my family with all my heart and try to do the right thing always. I recently lost another friend who was only 52 years old (the older I get, the younger that seems). Her death came very unexpected, too. She had battled lupus, MS and another fatal disease for years and now she is free of pain and misery.
Today I am going to have an attitude of gratitude. Here are some of the things I am thankful for:
1. MY GOD who loves me unconditionally and will NEVER let me down
2. My loving, wonderful and supportive husband, Mr. K
3. Three healthy, happy and fantastically unique children God has given us
4. Family and friends who care and love me when I don't love myself
5. Health and happiness
6. Freedom from bondage
7. The opportunity to pursue my life-long dream of writing
8. YOU- my readers.
Have a great, blessed day and remember- GOD loves you!
My life has been a tapestry of rich and royal hue, an everlasting vision of the ever-changing view. ~Carole King