Wednesday, September 16, 2009

These Are The Days

I am amazed at how much difference a day can make. When I compare today with yesterday, I can see a difference between...night and day! Yesterday was one of those crazy days. I had a docor's appointment at 10:20 and did not leave the office until 12:30. Then, the kids and I had dentist appointments for our six month cleaning and check-up at 3:00. Katie was supposed to have dance from 5:30-7:00, but she didn't feel well so I let her skip at the last minute. Plus it was open house at the school and she really wanted to go. They split up the times between the lower and upper grades due to the temporary site's parking. Nick's was from 5:00-6:00 and Drew and Katie's was 6:30-8:00. Everything worked out okay because we grabbed a bite to eat in-between, but I still felt like I hadn't had time to sit down and relax all day.

Today has been MUCH more relaxed. I had the opportunity to go and visit my good friend and my Godson and his brother. Just put me with babies and I'm alright! It was so nice to visit over coffee. I was brought back to my life not too long ago when I had babies and toddlers in the house. I could so easily relate to the constant interruptions and distractions that being a mom requires. I am so grateful for this friend who loves me regardless and doesn't put any "conditions" on our friendship. Friends like that are few and far between. When I got home I mowed the backyard. The weather is so beautiful today. There is even a hint of fall here in southeast Texas. I relish days like this, especially when I just had a busy day like yesterday. I hope you are having a great day, too!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

That is the roller coaster of life :)! Put your hands in the air & say "weeeee"! Who wants a monatinous life anyway! Fun fun!