Sunday, September 13, 2009

Truly Grateful



I am truly grateful for my friends. Good friends are hard to find. Many friends come into our lives for brief periods and then leave, but true friends are always there~ through good times and bad. In fact, when we are going through difficult or challenging times in our lives we can easily discover who our true friends really are, for they will be by our side to love unconditionallyand support us even when we don't have much to give back. Having just gone through a very difficult time recently, I was amazed at the outpouring of support I received from my friends. Yet at the same time, I was deeply hurt by the rejection of someone I thought was a friend. I felt like I had been discarded like stale bread and I was deeply hurt. Since then, I have discovered that this person who I thought was a friend is so self-absorbed that she will do anything to get her way. Looking back, I can easily see that everything was all about her. Honestly, I do not someone like that as a friend. I need friends who will listen, not talk about themselves constantly or brag about everything materialistic they have. I want real friends, not superficial ones. So I lost one friend. But guess what? I gained a dozen more and for that I am truly grateful. And to my #1 best friend, my husband~ I love you and thank you for everything!

3 comments:

Lisa Grissom said...

I am sorry that happened to you. I thought that comment that your "friend" left was really out of line, particularly on a blog comment. Maybe if it was a political blog or maybe appropriate in a political discussion or a debate or something. If she had a comment to make like that, she could have expressed her concern to you directly instead of posting it on your blog. Unfortunately, when you try to discuss the matter with someone like that, all it does is make them dig their heels in further and defend their position. It really is a no win situation, unless you want to accept unacceptable behavior, which, of course, is not a win situation for you.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

So true, Lisa. This person loves to "stir the pot"~ I can't afford to be around people like that anymore.

Jeni said...

Yes! Tough times tell you who is true! It's sad that it happened but better for you in the end... I'm proud of you for notting letting it get to you. You did the right thing - got rid of her! Toxins! Unnecessary...
You are a true friend & I am grateful for you!!!