Friday, September 4, 2009

Search me, o God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
~Psalm 139:23-24

I simply love this little prayer. It reminds me that I can't, God can and I'll let Him. I no longer am the director in my play of life- God is. I have turned my will and my life over to the care of God and everyday I ask to know His will for me and to be given the power to carry it out. How, you may ask, does one do that? To me, the answer is simple, for God is within all of us. He is our conscience that tells us right from wrong. He is the good moral fiber of our innermost being, and He has been there (within us) since we were born. So I take time each day to be still and quiet in peaceful prayer and meditation so I can have a conversation with God. If I stumble upon a roadblock, I step back and take a look at the situation. If the solution comes easily, then that is most likely God's will for me. If I have to struggle with indecision, it is probably my will. Only God can rid me of anxious thoughts or offensive actions and I am now trying my best to follow His will for me.

Though you may ask God to do something for you, He generally wants to do something in you.
~Unknown

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Wow ~ I really got alot out of this scripture and your beautiful words. This blog gets 5 stars *****!
You sound so good.
"I can't, He can, so let Him!"