Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update and more...

We are having so much fun watching the Vancouver Winter Olympics. Most of the events interest me this time, whereas in the past I have only watched figure skating. Perhaps it is because I'm getting older. I do get disgusted with the commercials they air during this family program, though. Click here to read my Examiner article about this, and if you are interested in being notified by e-mail each time I publish an article, you can click on the "SUBSCRIBE" button at the top of the article. My pay is based on how many "hits" I get, so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you are a friend on Twitter, I have closed my account for now. I apparently got pirated (is that what they say?) by a third party who is sending out spam to my friends. Believe me, I would NEVER send out anything about male (you-know-what)size enhancement. I mean, pu-lee-ze! I do not care for Twitter anyway.

Update on teacher incident:
My son is now not wanting to go to school, is crying at night and is afraid to do his homework because if he "words something the wrong way" his teacher might yell at him. Pete sent her a note last Wednesday and we have yet to get a response. I spoke with the school counselor and she talked to my son. It helped him...at least for the time being. But how can you undo what has been said to a child, especially when a teacher calls the project he worked so hard on by himself "pitiful" and he interprets it that HE is pitiful? Please tell me...how do you heal that kind of wound?

3 comments:

Jules said...

I think it's just awful that the teacher (or so-called teacher at best) has made your son afraid to go to school. I think it is time to call the principle in on this situation and then take it to the school board, whether resolution is made or not. People like that shouldn't be allowed to teach, especially young children.

I hope you are able to work everything out for him!

Jeni said...

I subscribed :)! Great topic....
I'm so sorry about the recklessness of that teacher! Just terrible! I know you will make it all netter, you are so good like that! Love you!

Peggy C. said...

This is horrible, and as you know I am a teacher myself. Is it too late to pull him out of that class? I would have a hard time being quiet that long as a parent. I guess that teacher wanted the professional looking ones that the parents do for the kids while the kids are outside playing.I much prefer as a teacher to see a child's creation, than something that was obviously not a child's piece of work. And having parents grade her tests? I am thinking that might be illegal because of privacy laws.