Friday, April 16, 2010

Keeping my eyes on the light

When I was drowning in exhaustion from having three children under the age of four, it was hard for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I knew it would come and that the kids would become more independent, but sometimes it felt like I would never get any sleep.  I would often remind myself to "keep my eyes on the light."  This helped me through some challenging times.

Sometimes I get to feeling that way today, but for a different reason- deadlines.  As a writer, I am basically self-employed.  I love that aspect because it allows me to work while I keep up with the tasks of running a family of five.  I have so many projects I have to keep up with, though, I don't even have time to finish up the book I have been working on for several years.  I guess I need to remember to "keep my eyes on the light," which today is when my book finally gets published.  Until then, I will trudge through this busy time and revel in the fact I am happier than I have ever been.

3 comments:

Peggy C. said...

I was the same way when Randy was ill and I had trouble "keeping my eye on the light." I am better now because I have more time, but I am going to write down my goals instead of just thinking about them. Seeing my goals in print makes me more determined to reach them. Good post, Laurie!

Jeni said...

Oh how I know how you feel! I've been in search of a good meditation Trying to find some peace and answers in meditation. I've come across some great ones already. What book are you publishing? I'm so proud of you...xoxo

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Peggy- My mom always writes list and now I do, too. I also like "seeing" goals, plans, etc.

Jeni- I can't wait to catch up with you. I am not publishing the book yet- still trying to get it finished and polished.