Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The External and Internal Tempest

WEDNESDAY PROMPTS:
Poetic Asides- a sound poem
3 Word Wednesday- loud, persuasive, riches
_________________________________________________________

The External and Internal Tempest

Mother Earth’s loud
*KABAM!
and persuasive
*BOOM! ~pause~ BOOM!
clangor
 *KABAM! BOOM! ~pause~ BOOM! KRA---KAAASSHH!
drove little Johnny
*AHHH!
under the covers last night
*KABAM! BOOM! ~pause~ BOOM! KRA---KAAASSHH! AHHH!
riches for his parents
*MMM!
as he was out of sight
*KABAM! BOOM! ~pause~ BOOM! KRA---KAAASSHH! AHHH! MMM!
until the thunderstorm passed
*SSHHH!
and moved inside
*RAP! TAP! CRASH! POW!
…uh-oh.

15 comments:

jaerose said...

WONDERFUL SOUNDS! no wonder they sent Johnny under the bed..you made us feel his jitters..Jae

anthonynorth said...

Great sound effects :-)
And you ended it perfectly.

Lolamouse said...

Love the sound effects! Thanks for visiting my blog! (I used a thesaurus to find the word "laveliere" and had to look it up myself!)

Fear Not the Darkness but What lies Within said...

Uh oh indeed.poor child. you really tell the tale here.

Kim Nelson said...

Uh-oh is right!
Lots of sound going on here!

Ren said...

Who didn't dive under the blankets during a storm? I know I did :)
Enjoyed this :)
Thank you for the visit..

Lisa said...

What a great use of onomonopia. I absolutely love this post. I feel for little Johnny. I don't like thunder either.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

ThomG said...

I love the sounds Mother Nature makes.

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Love your blog! Beautiful poetry. Thank you for stopping by Writing with Debra and following. I am now a follower.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thank you!

versebender said...

Tour-de-Onomatopoeia-force! This perfectly painted the picture...really well done. Vb

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Nice job on this prompt! I must admit I was stumped by that prompt and never managed to write anything with sounds. Oh well...

Thanks for posting a limerick on this week's Limerick-Off. So happy to have you participate, and I hope you'll be back for the next one which I'll post Sunday or Monday.

Mike Patrick said...

Interesting form for the Big Tent prompt. Does that have a name?

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thanks, Mike. If it does, I don't know it... I'll have to ask my muse- ; )

trisha said...

i can understand the wicked joy his parents felt :)

trisha
http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/to-spring-for-3ww/