Wednesday, October 21, 2009

RIP Ms. Angelle



I am saddened to inform you that Ms. Anna Belle Angelle passed away yesterday, October 20, 2009. Pete tried to reach Ms. Angelle several times yesterday after work and got no answer, so he went to check on her last night and found her sitting in her favorite chair dead. He immediately called 911 and began CPR. Pete rode over to the hospital with her, where they did everything they could, but it was her time to go. Anna is now with her husband and out of pain. I hope she knows how much we loved her and will miss her. I loved going to Golden Corral with her and loading her plate up with eight ears of corn to take home. I loved taking her to Sams and pushing a wheelchair cart and regular cart precariously at the same time. I love how she called her car a "zoom zoom" and her diuretic a "pissing pill." I adored sitting and listening to her tell stories, or going through her shoes and laughing about the feathery, black high-heeled ones from Fredrick's of Hollywood (which she said Pete would enjoy, with a chuckle). I loved how she would just take off her shirt if she got hot. I enjoyed taking her to the doctors and listening to her chew them out for something she did not like. She's ninety-four, so she had a right to do all that.

Pete and the charge nurse called Ms. Angelle's daughter (who lives 90 miles from here, need I remind you) and this is what she said:

"Can you handle this? I won't be able to get there until this weekend."

I don't know about you, but if my mom had just died, I would drop everything I was doing and haul ass, no matter how far away I lived. GRR. I guess this is why Ms. Angelle called her only child a "fat bitch."
I have regrets like not going by her house this past week and our last conversation (which was the day before she died) not going well because Ms. Angelle thought I was a nurse from a doctor's office calling and the conversation was not nice. Hopefully she now knows how much she was loved.
So remember to enjoy your loved ones each day. You never know when God is going to call them home.


4 comments:

The Voice said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Take care of yourself.

Julie said...

I am so sorry to learn of your family's loss. I wish you much peace in knowing she is with our Father and her husband. It is such a shame her daughter said something so inappropriate. She will regret that later in life.

Stay well and take care.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thanks for your kinds words.

Jeni said...

This is so weird.. i know i posted a comment on this blog days ago.... i guess it didn't stick. :(
I hope you know how sorry I am for your loss! What an angel you were to her & now she is yours. Watch for the signs! xoxo~ Jeni