Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Words: An interview and some poetry

I am truly humbled and proud to announce that Poetic Bloomings:Web Wednesday has interviewed me. I hope you'll hop over there and take a look. Thank you!

I also want to thank the folks over at Poets United for their continued support.
*************************

The Sky’s Not Falling!

To maintain her poetic sanity
Chicken Little tried not to gag
when rejection slips fell from the sky,
instead she tried to omit such thunderous thoughts
wash them away with renewed hope for sunshine tomorrow.

@laurie kolp

Prompt inspiration: 3WW (gag, maintain, omit)

******************

Poke Away Rain
Last time we met I turned around  
your icy pokes a curious kid,
 
~poke~ “Excuse me” ~poke~ “Excuse me”
 
~poke~  
~poke~
~poke~

~Sigh~ “Can’t you see I’m busy?”

You wouldn’t leave me alone
wallowing in nonstop tears
throwing temper tantrums-
I wanted you to go away.
But then I missed you
needed your cooling comfort
to quell the fires spreading fear.
I prayed for you, danced in circles
I knew you’d come in your own time
and you did today.
Thank you rain,
poke away.
@laurie kolp
Prompt inspiration: Poetic Asides, Poets United

14 comments:

Jae Rose said...

Chicken Little is an optimist..she will keep the sky from falling down ;) congratulations on the blog invite shall click over and have a look..Jae

Sheilagh Lee said...

Sheilagh Lee said:Smart chicken Little optimism will get you through

Laurie Kolp said...

Thanks... Chicken Little is my hero = )

Unknown said...

One smart chicken!

Angel said...

That's right. She should keep her beak up!

Alice Audrey said...

I have the same poke and growl relationship with my kids. They drive me nuts but I still want them around.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I just read your interview and really enjoyed it, as well as your poems!

Altonian said...

Oh, I like these two. Chicken Little, the eternal optimist now!
As for the rain poem - delightful!

Dulçe ♥ said...

Congrats on your recognition.. gret writer like you deserve it!
:-)

Laurie Kolp said...

Chicken Little was right... the rain did finally come. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Even Henny Penny needs a friend that has faith in him.

Anonymous said...

This is a great post ... we had some rain in Central Texas yesterday ... it was a glorious reprieve!!

Enjoyed your interview. Kudos for you! \\(^o^)//

Anonymous said...

Very clever and amusing enjoyed these very much. My summer has been lots of rain and often in 50s, which doesn't feel all that much like summer

joanne said...

always loved the story of Chicken Little...He knew what time it was......nice job - on both...kept me entertained and smiling....