Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Sunday Thought

Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.
~ Emmet Fox

What a powerful statement from the profound author of a simple book, "The Golden Key," in which Fox gives a thoughtful answer to all of life's difficulties. Whatever may arise- rather it be ill health, financial crisis, a problem with the law, or a quarrel with a friend or loved one- replace the worry/ obsession with thoughts of God instead. I choose to say, "God is love. I am His child and He loves me," but anything would suffice. Even just "God is" works. Try this simple remedy and hopefully your worries will go away. This has really helped me. Let me know how it works for you.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sounds so simple right? Just "let go and let God"....... It helps me too! What a gift we have. Glad your back my friend. I like your new blog style. It's laurie's reflections.