Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Profound Poem

"Some of your hurts you have cured,
And the sharpest you've even survived,
But what torments of grief you've endured,
From evils which never arrived."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a profound poem this is! I don't know about you, but I can really relate to this. I have been cured of many hurts and pains. I have survived illnesses that can cause death. But I have the tendency to worry about the future. I will "play out scenerios" that usually do not even occur. I have wasted too much time on this unnecessary projecting.

Today I choose to place my future in God's hands. No more worrying and wasting energy on fear of what is to come. Instead, I have faith in God and know He will take care of me- as long as I ask. He is the reason I am alive today and for that, I am truly grateful. Instead of fretting over the future, I will use my energy more productively and focus on simply doing the next right thing. I know God will take care of me now, and all my needs will be met...in His time.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh Laurie - that is a beautiful affirmation! I love a lot of his writings. You are so filled with a new found wisdom.... I hear it in you writing! I'm so proud of you - great things will come your way my sweet friend... Keep up the beautiful work. Love you, jen