Thursday, August 27, 2009

A life watered by the tears of tragedy and suffering often becomes the most fertile soil for spiritual growth.
~Unknown


I firmly agree with the above statement, for I have experienced tragedy and suffering (deaths of loved ones, broken relationships, sickness and financial problems) firsthand. Each time I encounter a rough spot in my life I am faced with two paths to follow. I can go to the left and follow self-will or I can go to the right and follow God's will. I have found self-will offers no comfort. This is a dangerous self-destructive path for me. But if I choose the right path- God's will- then I will feal peaceful and serene in God's time. I may not feel at peace right away, but eventually I will, if I keep close to God and keep doing the next right thing while I wait. You see, when I am suffering, if I pray more during that time, God will lead me through. Therefore, I am drawn closer to God through prayer. When I make it through to the other side of my pain, I can usually see somewhere along the way, I grew from the experience. When God closes one window, He opens up another. And I am grateful for that.

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done...
~Genesis 50:20

No comments: