Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nothing is Impossible

I am so grateful to be alive today. I am also sad. The reason I am sad is because someone I knew died unexpectedly Saturday night. Apparently she started getting sick Thursday, throwing up nonstop. Her husband, who had suffered a stroke several years back, and whom she so fondly took care of during that difficult recovery period, brought her to a small hospital close to the ranch they had retired to. Her blood pressure kept on crashing, so they life flighted her to the hospital here in town. She died the next day.
Another story that saddens me involves an outgoing, popular senior girl who was killed in a car accident the same day. She attended my former high school and went to our church. Her life was taken way too soon. I was watching the 10:00 news last night and they showed a memorial service that was at my former Catholic high school. The bishop was there and he said, "We never know when God is going to call us home. The question is not how long we have here on earth, but what we do with our time here."
So, even though I am saddened by these two deaths, I am also empowered to make each day wonderful, as if it was my last. With God as my guide, nothing is impossible.

No comments: