Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bye-Bye Summer Vacation





The lazy days of summer are now a sweet memory. Tomorrow school begins. Nicholas will be in 1st grade, Andrew in 3rd grade and Katie in 5th grade. I remember when I was struggling to make it through the toddler days, when I had three children under the age of four, everyone would tell me to enjoy each moment.
"They grow up so fast. Before you know it, your kids will be grown and gone," they'd say.
"Hmmpf," I'd grumble in disbelief as I awaited the day they would all be in school.
Now they are all in school and I would give anything to go back to that time when they were little. Time really does fly- I know that now. So I will do my best to relish each day, enjoy every little childhood moment so I won't turn around one day to find them gone. I will live in the moment and enjoy the present, which is a gift from God. School year, here we come...I hope it's a great one.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

It has been blowing my mind how fast the days are turning to weeks and the weeks into months..... I remember counting thevmonths down to when Kelsey and Brett were coming here... Now they've been gone almost two weeks :(! I've been very concioius of how time flies and enjoy all the moments in hopes for time to go a little slow down but it still flies!