Tuesday, November 27, 2012

* Small * Kindness * Blogsplash *

Thoughtful ornament made for me, sent unexpectedly last year
by Ella Wilson (see link on her name in poem)


Small kindness~
an unforeseen deed
filled with thoughtfulness
unexpectedly received
 
expressed, in times of need;
whether we know it or not,
planting a reciprocal seed
in a person's sweet spot.
 
Take for instance
the cardinal above,
made for me, the essence
of Ella's talent and pure love.
 
Another time, a dear friend,
Linda (who lives in Germany),
to share with family.
 
A simple inquiry
of how I really feel,
a smile or a hug for me~
all reminders kindness heals.
 
*
 
This poem is written for Fiona Robyn's blogsplash which accompanies the release of her novel, Small Kindnesses (available free today,11/27/12).




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You warmed my heart today! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Lovely :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful warm poem on a cold crisp day!

Susan said...

Another kindness, your poem.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

I love to see gratitude openly displayed - it's inspiring and infectious. Thanks! Good poem too!

Grace said...

And thank you for reminding us how far and deep these simple acts of kindess bring ~ Checking out the link ~

Brian Miller said...

smiles...cool....just got a calendar th other day from a reader....very cool....and def those little touches go a long way in encouraging others.....

Linda H. said...

I sent you the chocolates because I love you. Sweets for a sweet person. Glad you enjoyed them.

Nice cardinal gift, too.

Surprise gifts are the best. It is so much fun sending/giving them and seeing the joy it brings. It's fun to do it anonymously, too (Secret Santa). :-)

Linda G. Hatton said...

How very sweet! :-)

Ella said...

Laurie, I am touched :D
So glad you liked it! I know what it symbolized, for you~ My grandmother loved these birds, it has symbolism for me, too! (((hugs)))

Mary said...

What a special gift from Ella, Laura. She is so thoughtful and so creative, and it is just beautiful.

Maude Lynn said...

This is lovely! I really made me smile.

Susie Clevenger said...

To be warmed by the kindness of others...thanks for sharing it. It made my night a little brighter.

Unspoken said...

It really is amazing how moving the kindness of others cab be! Nice reminder.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

And the kindness in your poem pays it forward:) Love it.

adhi das said...

a soothing poem for the busy mind...well written..GOD LOVE U