Thursday, April 5, 2012

Before Technology

Can you imagine life without round-the-clock TV?

No-
March Madness
Golden Globes
RE-AL-i-ty (crap)
Or lIve probes

No-
MTV
CNN
HBO
ESPN

Now visualize sports sans the net, fans lacking RPIs.

No-
instant replays
beer ads
baseball trade-offs
betting Dads

No-
missed games
FANtasy
couch potatoes
obesity

Have we progressed or digressed with this technology?

©laurie kolp

Prompt inspirations:
PA- Something before your time
NaPoWriMo- Opening Day (sports)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I can easily visualize life without tv - I've lived without for a decade and more, and have never regretted that decision. What I can't quite visualize is life without a computer (I'd miss the blogging and the ability to converse with friends I've never met). Nice poem!

Brian Miller said...

i remember life without tv...as a kid...and we went without it as a fam for nearly 5 years up until about a year ago actually...its much better without...

Mary said...

There are few things I would miss on television; but I would miss the news. (And, at the moment, Dancing with the Stars!)I wonder what all the Presidential candidates would do without such ready access to television.

Unknown said...

Interesting Laurie. Actually had a 24-hour stretch without internet. It was a more peaceful time, easier to focus in on things, including writing.
Reminded me that it is good to take a break from the ever-present social media.
Worth a moment to ponder, for sure!:)