Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pimento Cheese Dip

A creamy concoction, a delectable paste
as finger sandwiches on melt-in-your mouth bread
or a hearty dip on crispy Ritz, a stolen spoonful taste
from birthday parties to New Year's Eve
nary a bit will go to waste;
homemade and easy
pimento cheese
if you please
mmm.

**
Recipe for Pimento Cheese Dip

2- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
½ - ¾ cup mayonnaise
2 small jar diced pimentos, drained
1 tbsp. Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, or similar mixed seasoning

Mix together all ingredients and serve as you like. You may adjust the amounts to suit your desires. Enjoy!
**

@laurie kolp

Prompt inspiration: Poetry Jam- Recipes and Seasonings

8 comments:

Mary B. Mansfield said...

A delicious little poem! Great recipe too, going to have to give it a whirl at our next shindig.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i like pimento cheese sandwiches...would never have thought to make it myself...

Mary said...

Oh my, it is that time...late afternoon when my taste buds are crying out for something! I would JUST love this, I know. Thanks for jamming with both poem and recipe.

Scarlet said...

Yummy...thanks for sharing this ~

Margaret said...

finger lickin' good. Wait, no, that's something else. :)

Yes, these usually go first at parties, don't they? Well, besides the chocolate brownies.

Helen said...

Like Brian, I would never consider making this 'delectable' treat. Now I will. Pimento cheese spread on crackers was a constant for me growing up.

Enchanted Oak said...

That "stolen spoonful taste" is brilliant, Laurie. My mind went all kinds of curves on that one.

Enchanted Oak said...

Was so jazzed by stolen tastes I forgot to leave the link.

hot hot HOT