Friday, February 3, 2012

Can't You Feel It?

I don’t have to see your
face or feel your touch,
hear your words whispered
softly in my ears. I don’t
have to hold your hand or
kiss your lips, cling to you
like Saran Wrap- airtight and
fresh. I don’t have to do these
things to want you; the vibes
come through the screen and
~ZAP~ I’m yours.

@laurie kolp
Prompt inspiration: IGWRT- Fireblossom Fridays: Temptation

***

Can you feel my smile, my cloud nine aura? I’m so excited to announce that my tritina won 1st place in the Poetic Asides Form Challenge and it will appear in an upcoming issue of Writer’s Digest. You can see the announcement and read my poem here.

20 comments:

Patricia A. Hawkenson said...

WOW! We are all so proud to know you and your work at PA. :) Excellent work, as always! Can't wait to see it in print. Find a way to celebrate!

hedgewitch said...

That's great news, Laurie! Way to go. So happy for you. Enjoyed this poem very much as well.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

ZAP!

Perfect and POW!erful!

Mosk

Kerry O'Connor said...

Congrats, Laurie. It is always a grand feeling to be placed first.

I am intrigued by your poetic temptation too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Super wow!!!!!

Fireblossom said...

So many understand that ZAP! these days. :-)

That's wonderful news, too! Thanks for being part of FBF, Laurie.

Mary said...

Congratulations, Laurie. Well deserved honor.

Brian Miller said...

wow that is awesome laurie...way to go on the selection!!!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Loved the poem and congrats!

Anna :o]

Marian said...

heh, zap! congrats! xo

Dave King said...

Fab'! Now this really is the sort of poem I would like to be able to write!

Scarlet said...

Congrats...and we are all yours ~

teri said...

So many good vibes on this post. Yes I can feel it. I love your Tritina ... almost feel like 13 again. Congrats!

Mlissabeth said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment. I have also given you an award. Pleas come over to my blog to see.

Kay L. Davies said...

Way to go, Laurie. Congratulations.
And I love your temptation poem too. Laughed out loud at "airtight and fresh"!
K

Anonymous said...

cling to you like seran wrap LOL

J Cosmo Newbery said...

That's a serious sort of zap!

Margaret said...

I think your tritina is being lived in our house! Congrats.

Cad said...

Zap & congrats!