Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cardinals Swarm My Yard in Praise of Award


Today after I gave Jeni the "Sisterhood award" cardinals started appearing in my backyard! I am not talking about just one or two cardinals. No- there were many more. Male and female cardinals were all over the place- on the ground, in the trees, on the powerlines, on my fence, grill and patio furniture. I have never seen so many cardinals in my yard at the same time- the bird feeder was even empty! Can you believe these red birds let me take their pictures, too? Usually when I want to get a picture, the beautiful bird flies away before I can get it. But today I was able to capture quite a few of the cardinals. I posted some of them. At first, I took a few pictures from inside (here's one)...


Then I decided to open the door and take the chance that the birds would stay. They did! I was filled with joy and happiness as I came to realize that Mary was thanking me for giving her big sis this award. Thank you for filling my yard with LOVE!



3 comments:

Jeni said...

This is absolutely amazing... I'm not surprised anymore, especially with Mary! She had the energy of a whole football stadium. And if you knew Mary, she lived for awards. I think we should give the award to Mary :)..... She is all deserving for all the pain she went through and the love she shared with all! I miss her so much.

jess said...

I love cardinals. There's one that's been coming into my courtyard every day or two. Fun! I love watching it.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I told you it was going to be a good year. Especially for writers!!!