Thursday, September 8, 2011


Blood in the sand. Get help fast.

The text hit me like a juggernaut. I hurdled through the beach house, slid down the stairs and made it to Sam in no time flat. I didn't expect to see such a sight; her face a stained glass window lying lifeless on the broken shells, panicked eyes crying out in pain.


"What happened?" I asked Mike.

Sam's sapphire eyes were a sea of mass confusion and as I straddled myself over her to examine them, I thought I must look like a dog sniffing the sand; not an overprotective mother doting on her injured teenager. Who cared anyway? I was entitled.

"We were running and having fun when Sam tripped in this pile of shells."

The brouhaha had attracted a flurry of beachcombers who oohed and aahed at the scene before them. An elderly man with sun spots on his balding head stooped down beside us and began examining the fragmented shells. Within minutes he was shouting for us to leave.

"Hurry! Evacuate this area. There's been an invasion."

***

...please come back next week for more of the story.

@laurie kolp

Picture Inspiration: In Tandem

6 comments:

Jinksy said...

If that's an eye, it's scary!! Thanks for hopping on the Tandem again this week. :)

Ann Grenier said...

Well, you scared me there for a minute! Aliens --- wow, didn't expect that. Clever take on the graphic.

Grace said...

You generated excitement in the opening story. Okay looking forward to the next one ~

Creative take on the picture ~

Doctor FTSE said...

I will come back, I will! Is it Giant Turtles?

kez said...

cool left me on the edge ....now i i will definitely have to return ...thank you x

Laurie Kolp said...

Thank you... more shall be revealed very soon...