Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Salvatore Buttaci's PUN-KU

My pal Sal (author/poet Salvatore Buttaci) has created a new four-line, seventeen-syllable poetic form I would like to share with you. On his blog, Sal's Place, specific guidelines are given for Sal's PUN-KU. What it boils down to is this:

Line 1~ 4 syllables- a
Line 2~ 5 syllables- b
Line 3~ 4 syllables- c
Line 4~ 4 syllables- c

As you can tell by the name, the poem contains a pun on one or two words in the poem, and the subject matter touches upon human nature. The title is one or two words.

*

 Here's mine. It was quite a challenge! What do you think?

Try Yourself

an idol mind
bored and critical
fanfare melee;
complacency

@laurie kolp

*
Have fun with your PUN-KU and please do share.

7 comments:

Salvatore Buttaci said...

Laurie, I love your pun-ku and I thank you for posting it along with an explanation of my new form.

Laurie Kolp said...

Your welcome, Sal... and thank you. I enjoyed it!

Maude Lynn said...

I like it!

Unknown said...

So cool!

Mary said...

Interesting, Laurie. I will have to give it a try.

RJ Clarken said...

Definitely a fun (pun) one!

Anonymous said...

love new forms! very fun!