Sunday, January 1, 2012

In Gratitude with Action

It's been such a lovely winter break from school, dance, TaeKwonDo, basketball, CCD, scouts ~sigh~ and the list goes on. We have had a blast with our Christmas gifts; especially the ping-pong table and my new bike. Now we can all go on family bike rides and that's what we've been doing, the weather has been so mild. I feel extremely blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy life with my family.

Off I go


It's great to have a bike again. I once owned a fancy mountain bike. I rode all over town on that bicycle. When Pete and I got engaged we even took our bikes camping. The picture below was taken on that trip.

On my old bike after Pete and I were engaged

Notice how I wear a helmet now that I'm a mom?

Eventually children came along as did tough times. It seems like we were stuck in a rut of bad luck for several years with sickness, surgeries, car wrecks and financial woes. So when Pete got an offer to trade a bike for a car, well... you guessed it; there went my bike. I didn't have time to ride it; remember three children in four years? Anyway, there was no money to buy another car after Pete's third accident. The son of a friend had lost his car privileges after getting into too much trouble, but his parents wanted him to have a bike to get around on; hence, the switch. The kind act of that friend made the world of difference in our lives and for that I'm grateful.

  2012~ Motto:ACTION, Word:GRATITUDE

For the new year, I plan on being more active. My word for the year (remember last year it was perseverance?) is gratitude. I will be grateful in times of rejections and illness because there is always something to be thankful for. I'm starting with you; I'm so grateful for those of you out there who read my blogs. May 2012 bless you with peace and abundance.

2 comments:

Dave King said...

Wow, woe on woe!
I really hope for you and yours that 2012 will be the start of everything you'd wish for yourselves.
Every blessing to you all.

Ed Pilolla said...

been too long since i took the old bike out of the stable so to speak. gratitude is key, and i need my reminders. thanks, and happy new year:)