Friday, January 6, 2012

Pucker Up!

Not long ago I wrote about the time Pete looked at me and screamed. I had on a bright lipstick color that resembled a citrus decoupage. Needless to say, he didn't like it. Click here to read the story.

Day 1

Now I have a new lipstick problem. I found this reddish gloss-like stuff on sale called liquid lipstick. I decided to try it out. Big mistake. When I got back to my car and applied the shine, it dried like clay on my lips. And it stayed. For days it stayed. I'm not kidding. It was on when I went to bed that night and it was still there when I woke up. Lunch, still there; dinner, check. My lips felt like a peeling sunburn and looked like a brain because the color faded in the deep crevices.

See how it's dried and cracked on my lips, day 2?


I like the fact that I don't have to reapply, but I don't like the fact that the color's on for a very long time once the paint job's done (and, no, makeup remover doesn't get it off). I can kiss my kids without them having to worry if I left red lips on their cheek, but I can't leave red lips on Pete's cheek. Once that gloss has dried, there's no turning back. I guess if you were contemplating having an affair, you might want to use this (or have your lover use it); but my lips are mum, so don't quote me.

I have learned a thing or two from this ColorStay Ultimate goo.

When things go wrong, it stays


I've learned to paint my lips sparingly and only in a still car, or my teeth will be red for hours. I've learned to take my time lest I color outside the lines and look like a clown. The most important thing I've learned? Save it for dance recitals. Note to self: Don't be in last minute costume change rush when putting it on Katie's lips. Scrap that idea, I'll throw it in the back of my drawer.

4 comments:

Linda H. said...

OMG...that is freaky. If it never wears off you'll have to change your name to Laurie McDonald.

I guess I will never buy that. I like to be able to change my color each day.

What did Pete say this time?

Laurie Kolp said...

He's learned to ignore my lipstick escapades, although this one is hard to do. I can't believe how it stays! You always make me smile, Linda.

Ed Pilolla said...

another thing a guy needn't worry about:)

Judy SheldonWalker said...

I know some of this stuff is definitely not for humans. lol