Monday, January 9, 2012

Saying Good Morning

I took this last summer at the lake


“My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.” Psalm 5:3

It never fails that when I'm having a bad day I can usually trace it back to forgetting or not allowing enough time for a Good Morning, God when I woke up. The good news, though, is that I can start my day over at any time with a prayer. It doesn't have to be an elaborate prayer spoken in tongues, a simple conversation will do. What I usually say goes along these lines, although the words may vary:

Dear God,
Thank you for this wonderful day. Please help me know your will for me and give me the power to carry it out. Open up my heart to your word and remove whatever is blocking my way to you. Amen.

I used to think, why pray? God couldn't possibly hear little old me. Plus, with my Catholic upbringing I felt that all prayer had to be formal. Now I know that's not true. Even if I only say God help me it will be enough.

PROMPT SOURCE~ **Wolfsrosebud's Scribbling Spiritual Sand - Every Monday morning she'll post a Bible verse as inspiration.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Even if we find no words at all... being still with a thankful heart and acknowledging him. Yes, it is always enough. =) Nice to see you here Laurie!

wolfsrosebud said...

Sweet... what a beautiful way to start the day. I'd love to be viewing your lake picture in real. Where did you take it? I didn't know you had a second blog. I'll need to check it out. Thanks for linking up with Scribble Spiritual Sand. Hope your able to make it a habit.

Jules said...

Beautiful!

Judy SheldonWalker said...

Amen! "Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right..." Such a lovely photo and inspiring words. Thank you for the share.

Sheila Moore said...

a perfect prayer!

Ed Pilolla said...

when i'm at my healthiest, i totally forget about god and other times of the day am super present in prayer. seems like. there's a need for connection, a natural need, seems like.