Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life Assembled

Ella's post over at Real Toads today is called the Art of Assemblage. We are to make a list of 10-12 beloved items around the house. Rename or add adjectives for each object. Assemble them into a poem.

I walked around my living room and came up with this list:

1. cardinals- friendship, vibrancy
2. angels- hope, truth
3. piano & guitar- musical expression
4. Nerf gun bullets- fun, children
5. dogs- unconditional love
6. plants- fresh air, life
7. pictures- family, acceptance
8. computers- connections, wires
9. fireplace poker- gusto, pokes
10. BOOKS (everywhere)- opportunity
11. crosses- faith
12. board games- entertainment, togetherness

Here's my poem:

Life Assembled

Life is in the air we breathe
the hope, the faith, the vibrancy.

Expression flows in wired dreams
a song, a poem, Monopoly.

Acceptance comes from up above
family fun and crimson love.

So with a child's veracity
enjoy today's opportunity.

@laurie kolp

18 comments:

Ella said...

I loved how you summed it up, yet kept it in the stone manner! I loved reading your list~ There is magic in knowing what we treasure!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love how you worked in the game of monopoly, and the crimson love of the cardinal. Lovely work.

Hannah Pratt said...

This I loved. Simple. Clean. Almost hopeful.

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Wonderfully done!

Brian Miller said...

nice laurie...love these lines...

Expression flows in wired dreams
a song, a poem, Monopoly.

wired dreams, nice...and monopoly was not expected but fits well...

Maude Lynn said...

Great job with this!

Mary said...

Laurie, you did so well with this prompt; and in the process I learned about you...which was a great result for me of your poem.

hedgewitch said...

Very nice flow to this Laurie, and great descriptions that tie the objects together and bring them to life.

Unknown said...

Beautifully expressed!

Marian said...

oh i especially love the last couplet, laurie. very nice!

Susie Clevenger said...

In its simplicity it speaks volumes on love and life.

Kay L. Davies said...

The second couplet made me smile — grin, actually. My mother and I used to play Monopoly by the hour.
A lovely little poem, Laurie. I enjoyed it a lot.
K

Jim Swindle said...

It's a good poem.

Margaret said...

I so wanted to see "Nerf Gun Bullets" worked in with Faith Hope & Love!

MaryA said...

Laurie, it is such a treat to read upbeat poetry. Life Assembled is a delightful reminder of what is positive.

Anonymous said...

You wove this together so wonderfully to sum everything up in a short space with a big kick.

Ray Sharp said...

Well done. Pleasure from simple things, what really matters.

Victoria said...

Warm and full of love. I like. the objects and images you like hit a cord for me too. Well assembled.