Ella's post over at Real Toads today is called the Art of Assemblage. We are to make a list of 10-12 beloved items around the house. Rename or add adjectives for each object. Assemble them into a poem.
I walked around my living room and came up with this list:
1. cardinals- friendship, vibrancy
2. angels- hope, truth
3. piano & guitar- musical expression
4. Nerf gun bullets- fun, children
5. dogs- unconditional love
6. plants- fresh air, life
7. pictures- family, acceptance
8. computers- connections, wires
9. fireplace poker- gusto, pokes
10. BOOKS (everywhere)- opportunity
11. crosses- faith
12. board games- entertainment, togetherness
Here's my poem:
Life is in the air we breathe
the hope, the faith, the vibrancy.
Expression flows in wired dreams
a song, a poem, Monopoly.
Acceptance comes from up above
family fun and crimson love.
So with a child's veracity
enjoy today's opportunity.