Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Love Everyone, and Pray For Those Who Hurt You

Cheerfulness is the atmosphere in which all things thrive.
~ Jean Paul Richter

I am quite disheartened that a colleague of mine has completely obliterated me from her life. Why~ I do not know. All I know is that I came back from my sabbatical and she had erased herself as a follower on my blog, and had erased my blog from her list of blogs that she reads. She has excluded me from her life. It saddens me that this once good friend has abandoned me for a reason I am oblivious to. The old me wants to butt my way in and try to find out what's up, but the new me will just sit back and let it be. It is what it is, and today I don't have to fret over other people's reactions. All I can do is pray for her- and I am. Acceptance is the word here. If I can ACCEPT that not all people will like me, and that I have no control of their perceptions or reactions, then I will remain at peace. And, for me, peace is the key to my serenity~ to my cheerfulness. Even though this has happened, I am extremely happy and I owe that to God.
Have any of you read the book The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young? I am reading it now and cannot put it down. A man who has lost a child gets to spend the weekend with God. This man was mad at God for what had happened to his daughter (she was abducted and murdered when they were on a camping trip). He learns to ACCEPT God's will in his life and finds that God is love. This man also learns to forgive. God loves each and every person no matter what. So, I am going to try and love this person who has hurt my feelings and pray for her. Experience has shown me this works. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Jeni said...

I'm very proud of you! This friend of yours who has taken herself out of your life must have a reason - probably a sad reason. You are doing the right thing by not letting it rent space in your head, filling it with unknown reasons or projections. God Bless you my friend. It's in His hands now!
OMGoodness ~ the Shack was an INCREDIBLE read!!!! i added it to my "best reads" list on my blog!